RnB Hip Hop Beats















Jonathan Majors Thanks Meagan Good, Calls Her “My Queen” While Accepting Hollywood Unlocked’s Perseverance Award

f.txt

Jonathan Majors accepted his first award since his conviction for assault and harassment in December, receiving the Perseverance Award at the 4th Impact Awards in Los Angeles. Surrounded by supporters, the Creed III actor reflected on his arrest and verdict, thanking God and Hollywood Unlocked founder Jason Lee.

“I reckon folks wanna know about this last year,” Majors said. “As a Black man in the criminal justice system, I felt anger, sadness, hurt, surprise. When they snatched me up out of my apartment in handcuffs, I didn’t feel like all that. I didn’t feel like Jonathan Majors, Mr. Creed, Mr. Kang. I felt like a little scared, weak boy.”

He continued, “Despite the support and evidence in my favor, I knew shit was bad. And it was bad because of who I was and what I am. And this is what happens to Black people all too often. Guilt and innocence often have little to do with the outcome. That’s the harsh reality I learned. But I know Black men face this every day. It deeply impacts us and changes the way we navigate through the world.”

Breaking down in tears, Majors received the award from Iyanla Vanzant, who greeted him with a kiss on the forehead and a hug. He acknowledged his imperfections and expressed gratitude for his craft, family, and friends.

“There will be moments in your life when things get dark, and I mean really dark. I’ve seen those depths, that darkness in myself. I’ve sat in that pitch black, and what I’ve learned is that when you catch a glimpse of light, you run as hard and as fast as you can towards it. And I will never take that light for granted again.”

Majors thanked those who supported him, including Will Smith, Tyler Perry, David Oyelowo, Deon and Roxanne Taylor, Courtney B. Vance, and Whoopi Goldberg. He highlighted Goldberg’s wisdom and understanding, emphasizing the importance of community support.

He also thanked “all the women in my family,” and burst into tears while thanking Meagan Good. “I love you beyond all limit, with all my strength, with all my heart, I love you,” he said. “I don’t need to be so tough and strong when you carried me so many nights. I love you.”

Majors ended his speech by singing Chaka Khan’s “Through the Fire” and addressing his daughter Ella. “And just to Ella, my baby girl, we gonna be alright. And your father loves you. I love you and I thank you for this.”

After being found guilty on two misdemeanor counts of reckless assault and harassment in his domestic violence case with ex Grace Jabbari, Majors was sentenced to probation and to participate in a one-year domestic violence treatment program. Despite being fired from several projects and dropped by his talent management company, Majors has booked his first role since the trial in Martin Villeneuve’s Merciless.

The post Jonathan Majors Thanks Meagan Good, Calls Her “My Queen” While Accepting Hollywood Unlocked’s Perseverance Award first appeared on The Source.

The post Jonathan Majors Thanks Meagan Good, Calls Her “My Queen” While Accepting Hollywood Unlocked’s Perseverance Award appeared first on The Source.



source https://thesource.com/2024/06/22/jonathan-majors-thanks-meagan-good-calls-her-my-queen-while-accepting-hollywood-unlockeds-perseverance-award/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=jonathan-majors-thanks-meagan-good-calls-her-my-queen-while-accepting-hollywood-unlockeds-perseverance-award

Comments